Bazar Labrin Cancelled Again

I got a phone call from STB (Seychelles Tourism Board) yesterday advising me that Bazar Labrin is cancelled this week. Yet again. When I asked why, I was told that it was because it was the Easter week. Excuse me? STB takes every little thing as an excuse to cancel the only weekly event at Beauvallon.

Do the tourists give a toss that it's Ash Wednesday? Do the locals? Is it a desecration of Christianity? I don't think so. The STB guys are supposed to show up themselves every Wednesday after their ordinary working hours to "supervise" the bazaar from 4.30 to 8.30. Methinks, cancelling is just another excuse for them not to put in the overtime.

For those not in the know: Bazar Labrin is held every Wednesday on the promenade at Beauvallon and is a meeting point for locals and tourists. There are food and craft vendors (including me) and a couple of guys playing the moutia. It's a fun place to be on a Wednesday evening.

I dare say I won't get a link back from the STB website. Do I give a toss? No. Just come and say hi to me next Wednesday. Unless it's cancelled because it's post-Easter week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More